The proposals will preserve the unique industrial heritage of the site, create 134 contemporary homes and workspaces assembled around a new public realm, with landscaping that will deliver new access points to the Thames riverfront.
The Candle Factory will help to address a growing demand for homes and workspace and create a new destination for the local community, providing jobs and meeting local demand for commercial space.
The proposals include:
- Preservation of the existing warehouse architecture which is well regarded locally;
- Barker and Stonehouse accommodated in the new proposals;
- High quality landscaping and public realm, including a new connection to the riverfront and improved pedestrian connections; improved transport, parking and access points;
- Provision of new retail space which could include a convenience retailer, as well as specialist retailers to complement Barker and Stonehouse;
- 134 new homes for the area